Seeing as Christmas is just around the corner (and puns are the highest form of wit)... we've found a guaranteed way to spread the Christmas Chia this silly season, so plant the seed for a healthy Christmas with this delicious recipe from the Eric St fridge! It's super tasty, healthy, and guaranteed to go down a treat. Perfect for Christmas morning picnics at the beach or a healthy alternative to Christmas pud.
Organic Chia seeds
Fresh cherries (it wouldn't be an Aussie Christmas without it!)
- Scoop 3 Desert spoons of chia seeds into a glass container (old jam jar or Mason jars work great)
- Add 1/4 cup of apple juice and 1/4 cup of coconut milk and 1/4 cup of water
- Stir well, wait 2 minutes then stir again to make sure seeds don't clump together
- Allow to set in fridge for 3 hours (or overnight if you prefer)
- Mix in some crushed cherries, layer with greek yoghurt, shaved coconut & fresh cherries then garnish with a sprig of mint for that mistletoe Christmas feel.
All thats left is to pud it on the table (sorry couldn't resist), then take a seat and let your taste buds (and your conscience) enjoy this Christmas taste sensation.
NB: This recipe has no added sugar or sweetener however if you have a sweet tooth to indulge then a teaspoon of honey can always be added with the liquids when preparing, alternatively double up on the apple juice. We won't tell!
The team at Eric St Physiotherapy